Custom cable assemblies are important and an integral component of many applications. As such, it is imperative to get it right the first time. OEMs are aware of this requirement. Understanding leads to looking for a company with the right qualifications. As a result, they look carefully at what the contractors offer.
Contractors provide OEMs with various services. Before contacting a company, be sure to know exactly what you require. This is essential. Ask the following:
- What specifically do I want them to do to ensure this project is complete?
- Do I have a design in mind? If so, does it require further fleshing out?
- If I do not, can we work harmoniously together to arrive at an appropriate design?
With this clarified, it is easier to examine each candidate’s capabilities. Beyond consideration of the length of the company’s business history, the depth of their ongoing commitment to quality, and their standing within the business community, it is important to look at what each offers.
- Does the manufacturer advance custom cable assemblies?
- Do they base their designs on whatever designs a company presents?
- Do they listen attentively to what a customer requires and specifies for their application?
- Do they assist with all aspects of the process, including:
a. Cable and connector selection
c. Manufacturing methods
d. Computer-aided design (CAD)
5. Do they pay heed to any concerns regarding the cost and profitability?
6. Are they designing a cable assembly that meets both environmental and electrical demands, while keeping costs low, can be a challenging task.
Custom Cable Assemblies
Whenever cables are involved, problems can quickly arise. Many are the result of improper installation resulting in a tangled mess. For optimal results, companies need to consider fabricating and putting into place custom cable assemblies. When choosing a company, be sure they meet all your criteria.
Be the first to like.