A swatch library, sometimes called a fabric swatch book, is a place where you keep track of your fabric samples and record information about each one for future reference. Why would you want to make a swatch book? Here is a quick look at just some of why you might make quality fabric swatch books for your personal use.
- Without going through your neatly arranged fabric stockpile, you can easily see what you already have.
- When looking for fabrics online, keep it handy to see just what you are looking at.
- You can use it to keep track of how many meters/yards of a particular fabric you have left.
- If you’ve pre-washed the fabric, make a note of it.
- You can track where your fabric is stored if you have different locations/boxes/drawers.
How to Make Fabric Swatch Book
It may be simple to make custom fabric swatch books, but not everybody knows how. Attach the fabric swatches to a piece of paper with double-sided tape, paperclips, staples, or pins and write down the details next to the fabric. You can also create a nice page layout with the fabric and all of its detailed information.
Where to Obtain Swatches
Swatches are available at most fabric stores and can also be purchased online for you to use if you want to make fabric swatch books. Frequently, you will be required to pay a little fee and/or pay for shipment. So simply inquire about your store’s fabric swatch policy and pay a visit during off-peak hours rather than peak shopping hours.
Be the first to like.