For anyone who has driven down a highway or on rough roads, knows that his or her windshield is bound to acquire a crack at some point due to flying debris. A small ding in the windshield can lead to a much larger issue if not taken care of in a timely manner. Professionals who are trained in auto glass replacement in Sugar Land TX are able to replace the damage if possible or will replace the windshield altogether should it there be a need to do so.
Types of Windshield Cracks
There are five main types of cracks that can occur on a windshield.
* Stone Break. This is caused by a stone or other hard debris hitting the windshield that can develop into a large crack with time.
* Bull’s Eye. Described as a circular shape with a cone in the outer layer of glass.
* Chip. Occurs when debris hits the windshield, causing the glass to break off.
* Floater Crack. Floater cracks happen when severe temperatures cause a chip in the windshield to spread.
* Stress Crack. Stress cracks are caused when there is a sudden change in temperatures rather than rocks or other debris.
Parking a vehicle in a garage or other temperature controlled environments can reduce the risk of cracking the windshield. When a vehicle is left in warm or cold temperatures for an extended period of time, the edges of the windshield weaken which when makes the windshield more susceptible to cracking.
If the time comes for auto glass replacement in Sugar Land TX, having the vehicle repaired by a professional is a way of guaranteeing that the windshield has been replaced correctly. Professionals follow a number of steps when repairing a windshield to ensure that the windshield is properly serviced within a timely manner.
Steps for Repairing a Windshield
* Remove the Trim.
* Remove the glass with large suction cups.
* Clean out and prepare the pinch weld- the part of the vehicle that holds the edges of the windshield.
* Apply Urethane.
* Install the New Windshield.
It is most beneficial for the individual to do proper research before having their windshield serviced. Reading online reviews, and asking for references from family and friends will ensure the best customer service and repair for the vehicle’s glass. Check out Lonestarglass.com and repair your windshield, today.
Be the first to like.