The service of your air conditioning system can be very important on that hot day when it breaks down. An air conditioning system is a system that you should not attempt to repair. You can do more damage to the unit and pay a higher repair bill. One way to protect your air conditioner against high repair bills is to have an annual tune-up of the unit. This will prevent many problems and it will catch potential problems early.
One of the most important steps a homeowner can take to protect their air conditioning unit is to keep it in excellent running condition with the annual tune-up.This will find problems before they become so big they cost a bundle of green to stay green. The air conditioner has many parts that need to be checked. Perhaps, it has more parts than any other appliance in the home.
Some important checks are:
- Check electrical connections and ensure that the voltage and current on motors are appropriate.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check and clean the drain to prevent a backup of water.
- Check system’s start up and shut down.
- Check and refresh level of refrigerant.
Additionally, the belts should be checked and the motor housing cleaned. The nature of the tune-up will depend on the type of unit and where it is located. Some units collect more dirt and debris than other units do. During the tune-up, other parts may surface which require repair or replacement. AC Repairs are best accomplished when the weather is cool.
The HVAC Service in Murfreesboro, TN extends to furnaces because they can break down during the winter when they are heavily used. A furnace can benefit from a pre-season tune-up as much as the A/C unit can. he following are the primary check points:
- Check carbon monoxide leaks
- Check gas valve, gas lines and connections
- Check burners and heat exchangers for cracks and other functional problems
- Inspect ductwork and flue pipe for leaks
- Check unit for peak operating efficiency
- Check and calibrate thermostat
These items checked by HVAC Service in Murfreesboro, TN will keep your HVAC systems working with minimal or no problems when you need them the most. Visit website for more
Be the first to like.